English Saddles – Custom Made
- All my made-to-measure English Saddles are made on trees that I source from the UK.
- I only buy the best trees I can find for the “shape & fit” to both horse and rider.
- I have been making & re-building saddles for over 40 years for customers in Australia / New Zealand.
Why do I need a Saddle fitting?
It is important to have your saddle checked at least once a year as horses change shape for many reasons including:-
- Coming back into work after a spell
- Buying a new or used Saddle to be sure it fits correctly
- Young horses will change & develop their top line with work, so what fitted at first may not fit 6 to 12 months later
- There are so many different brands of Saddles today and not all will fit your horse…..like buying a pair of shoes for yourself
- The Rider needs to be seated in the Saddle to correctly see how the Saddle fits
- To check the Saddle doesn’t have a broken tree
- To be sure the Saddle has a nice wide channel so as to allow room along the spine
These are just a few Tips, but you really need professional advice on the correct fitting of your Saddle to be sure the Saddle is not hurting your horses’ back.
I can come and fit any brand of Saddle to your horse to be sure of a correct fit.